After reading this, I was keen to try some dyeing with loquat leaves so I chopped up some green leaves and added them to a old aluminum preserving pan filled with rainwater. The instructions said to simmer the dyebath until the leaves turn the water a deep pink or red. I simmered the leaves for about 2 hours and still didn't see a deep pink/red colour, it was more a peach/orange colour and wasn't that strong.
After reading that fallen loquat leaves that had turned yellow had given a fluorescent peach colour I collected some yellow leaves to use separately. I chopped them up and put them in a glass jar with some rainwater and placed in the sun. Colour came off them fairly fast so I added them to another pot of rainwater.
And here are the results, the alpaca yarn shows the difference between the dyebaths best. The paler colour is from the green leaf dyebath. I find it can be hard to determine actual colours on screen so I matched them up with coloured pencils to try and help.
|Colour matches: Prismacolour Peach PC939 & Beige PC997|
|Colour: Peach PC939|
|Colour matches: Peach PC939 & Beige PC997|