Pages

Saturday, May 13, 2017

13 May 2017

 I have a new loom, an Ashford Jack loom.  It was my birthday present.. For a couple of weeks the boxes lay on the dining room floor, then I finally unpacked it and started the assembly.

 And then it was a couple more weeks before I finally warped it up and started weaving.


The yarn is a cotton/rayon mix that I bought because it was cheap and I wanted something to practice with.  It came in two colours, navy and a sandy colour which I overdyed.  The resulting colours are what you end up with when you use dye solutions that are past their use-by-date, that's to day nothing like what was expected but at least it means that they're unique.





The pattern is a 2/2 twill uneven vertical zigzag, I didn't want to try anything too complicated as it was my first time using a floor loom.



And to finish, here's a photo of my lovely assistant.
 


No comments: