Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sparkly Bracelet

I have had the book Fashioning Technology: A DIY Intro to Smart Crafting for several years but haven't got any further than looking and dreaming.  Then burda easy Spring/Summer 2015 mentioned the 21st Century Fashion Kit from sparkfun.com and I thought that looks interesting, checked out the website and ended up looking at LilyPad sewable electronics.  I found the sparkly bracelet tutorial on the sew electric website which looked nice and easy and found a New Zealand supplier for the components. And here is the result.
The Front

The back - very boring
 Here it is in action:

Components:
  • Conductive thread
  • 4 x LilyPad LED Yellow
  • LilyPad Coin Cell Battery Holder - Switched
  • LilyTiny
  • Coin Cell battery CR2032
I ordered them from nicegear.co.nz  It is easy to use these components, the hardest part was deciding on a design and fitting all the connections in. I still have some components left to use in another bracelet and then I'm coming to try something more complicated.

No comments: