Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

sister MAG

Just popping in to say I have just discovered this new online magazine, sisterMAG.  The magazine has been around for a while as it's up to issue 17. Their blurb says that magazine topics range from fashion, food, DIY to technology, digital trends and other lifestyle issues and the magazine is targeted at widely interested, well-educated, independent women who are enthusiastic about the digital world and who want to read intelligent information presented in an appealing design. Obviously that's me to a T, it's like they know my life *  but what really made me look at this magazine is that it has free sewing patterns.  



The patterns (or at least the ones I have looked at) come in one size and the sizes seem to range from European 36 to 40.  The instructions assume you can sew, for example for the brown pleated skirt pattern:

 1. Mark pleats then baste.
2. Iron pleats.
3. Close side seams sewing in zipper on the left.
4. Try on skirt adjusting size if necessary.
5. Close pleats up 20cm/8”.
6. Finish the waistband

7. Sew the hem.
8. Re-iron pleats.


Right, I'm off to have a bit more of a look at the magazine.  I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying one of the patterns but if you have a go please leave a comment so I can see what you've made.


 * parts of that statement may not be completely true

No comments: