A little bit of fun, dyeing wool with jelly crystals.
- 50g fibre (I think white merino wool would be best to start with)
- 1 packet (85g) jelly crystals
- 500mL hot water
- 475 mL cold water
- 25mL white vinegar
- wooden spoon
- 4L microwave safe dish
- microwave oven
- Soak the wool in warm water, making sure it is wet through.
- In the microwave dish, dissolve the jelly crystals in the hot water and vinegar.
- Add the cold water and stir.
- Drain the wet wool and lay in the microwave dish, making sure it is all covered by the dye.
- Place in the microwave over and cook on full power for 4 minutes (1200W oven)
- Remove the dish from the oven, leave the wool to cool in the dye.
- Once the wool is cool, rinse it until the water is clear.
- Dry the wool and make something with it, or just admire how it pretty is looks.
My microwave oven is 1000W so I cooked the wool for 6 minutes.