Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Creative Fibre Retreat 2013


A couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend at a Creative Fibre Auckland area retreat, held at the St Francis Retreat Centre in Auckland and it was fabulous. So fabulous I don't have any photos from the actual weekend as I was too busy trying new things and hanging out with lovely talented people. I had a go at needle tatting, bobbin lace, knitting with beads, Irish crochet and making stitch markers. 

On Friday night we were each handed a bag of all sorts of fibre, including bits of possum, angora, mohair, lurex, silk, hemp and some coloured wool, and the challenge was that during the weekend we had to do something with what was in the bag.  There were all sorts of ideas: some people made batts with their fibre, some spun and knitted or crocheted it into bags, belts, scarves and there was even a cover for a toilet roll.  My effort is pictured above. 

I'm looking forward to next year's retreat already.

No comments: