Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about.

After the rain and hail and freezing cold yesterday, it was nice to enjoy a bit of sunshine today while reading the latest edition of Selvedge fresh from the letterbox.


I am hoping to sew up one more Burda pattern before the sew-a-long finishes. I've got as far as tracing off the pattern and cutting out the fabric.


I just use lunch-paper to trace patterns which is a bit narrow so I end up sticking pieces together. Actually I think its proper name is greaseproof paper, we call it lunch-paper in our family cause that's what our school lunches used to get wrapped in. I have a variety of objects that I use as weights to hold the paper while I trace the pattern, these  are some bars I bought from the $3 Japan Shop a while ago. Anyway, hopefully I will be back with a finished garment soon.


3 comments:

thecuriouskiwi said...

Here in NZ lunch paper and grease proof paper are different things. Lunch paper has no coating, just plain paper but grease proof paper has a sort of waxy (?) finish, I think pen ink would not stick to it ;) Lunch paper is great for tracing, I'm excited that you are going to try and make one more things before May is over :)

thecuriouskiwi said...

Err I'm not sure why I started that comment with "Here in NZ..," since I've already guessed you're in NZ too, haha

petal said...

That's OK. I was wondering if lunch paper is a NZ term or used elsewhere, when I google lunch paper the results seem to be mainly about brown paper bags.