This project has been hanging around for a couple of months now, mainly because I have been refining my procrastination skills. It's not difficult sewing, the hardest part was actually finding a pattern. I used a kit from Church Linens, which has very detailed and helpful instructions. Because our church is named Holy Trinity I wanted the decoration to be related to that. I thought about embroidering the design but after talking over a few ideas I realised that I could actually make a knot and sew it on. Here's the first sample, using the Triquetra knot from Celtic Knots for Beaded Jewellery by Suzie Millodot.
And here is the completed stole. It's not perfect but I am relieved to have it finished and I know what to do differently next time.