Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New skirt



 I've had a copy of 49 sensational skirts by Alison Willoughby for yonks and I have finally made something from it.  Apologies for the bad photos, it was a rush job before racing my lovely photographer to school and then Ginger decided that he was meant to be in the photos.

Anyway I hope you can see what I've done.  It's the Catherine Wheel design, and the fabric scraps are either from clothes I no longer fit or wear, or pieces that weren't big enough to make a whole garment.
 Instead of using the wrap skirt pattern provided with the book I've used a favourite pattern from Burda magazine 1/2004. 

There were meant to be buttons in the middle of the wheels but I left them off as I thought they might be uncomfortable to sit on and also I couldn't be bothered sewing the buttons on, I just wanted to wear the skirt.


2 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

One of my favourite sewing books - love it!

Merenia said...

Beautiful skirt, love the cut, and colours and cute decorations.