Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The 1st of July

is today, which means we officially have another teenager in the house. And this one comes with hair straighteners. And now for some random photos.New Pinky St girls.
Birthday cake for another member of the household. I decided to try out a Nigel Slater recipe - Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cake, but I think I measured something wrong as it took forever to cook. Tasted nice though, so I'll try it out again one day. One pair of socks finished, but I think they're a little big. Toasty warm though. I started off knitting them on a circular needle but managed to break it on the second sock so it was back to double-pointed needles which I found easier anyway.And another holiday snap, the Glasgow School of Arts.
Off to bake a birthday cake now, fingers crossed this one is successful. A cake has been picked from the Planet Cake book so there is much work ahead of us.

2 comments:

Merenia said...

No clues for last photo???
Glasgow perhaps? Looks a bit Charles Rennie Macintosh?????

petal said...

It's the Glasgow School of Arts, thought I'd slip another trip photo in.